1. we got the butcher block table top i was hoping for. we bought it off craigslist. it is a trestle table that is perfectly fine the way it is...but i just don't care for it (the base) much. or the color of the stain. or the scratches, etc.
my parents were in town this week and they surprised me by sanding the whole table top while i was at the DMV for 2+ hours. yay! now i just need to stain and polyurethane it.
2. i was originally planning on doing a pipe base that i talked about here. it was going to take a little while to save up extra money to buy plumbing pipes...every girl's dream i know. but then i stumbled across a little gem on pinterest...
|via stylizimo blog|
3. i am not dismissing my love of pipes so easily. there are still many things i'd like to do with my plumbing pipes. in fact, it's probably a good thing that i can scratch one pipe project off my list, because i don't want my apartment to look like some waterworks warehouse. so anyway, projects like
|via the brick house|
4. we ordered chairs. in a dream world, i'd get tolix chairs in a fun color.
but that just isn't an option financially, so i downgraded to the overstock.com knock off:
...but they are metal, affordable, and interesting. they are lightweight and stackable. plus they were $139 (including shipping) for a set of 4! so i consider them a cute budget chair that got really good reviews from the overstock.com customers. i'll let you know what i think when we get them.
5. we will have a bar/open counter space in our little apartment. so i was about to get these bar stools (2 for about $75) in the same order with the chairs....
6. i was re-reading the post about the ikea trestle legs (see item #1) and realized that she was inspired by someone else's table. so i followed the link. here's what i found:
|via helt enkelt|
and now i am so excited! because look at the chairs on the left side of the table. same material and color as my chairs i just ordered. same style, although i can't tell if these are real or knock-offs. but my point is i am excited to see my finished dining room with the ikea legs and metal chairs. judging by this picture i think i'll like it.